Meetups are usually held in downtown Charleston, and are casual, locally-organized sessions covering everything related to WordPress, the free and open source personal publishing software that powers over 25 million sites on the web.
In general, meetups include sessions on how to use WordPress more effectively, beginning plugin and theme development, advanced techniques, security, etc. And, since WordPress doesn’t exist in a vacuum, we also cover topics which include best practices for design, analytics, search engine optimization, and so forth.
In most cases, there will usually be 2 speakers at each meetup, with fair balance of publisher and designer/developer-oriented presentations. Chances are that you’ll be able to meet others who may be able to answer some of your burning questions, and possibly provide potential solutions to some of your related problems.
Benefits of Attending
- Connect with your peers on a local and regional scale, sharing insights, tips, tricks and techniques
- Meet and network in person with your peers, and share your experiences
- Gather and discuss the best ways to work with WordPress and your site.
- Attend Conference-quality sessions (for free) and learn more through seminars, newsletters, and other information-sharing.
- Take your career to the next level by staying informed of the issues and in tune with the challenges designers and developers face every day.