The Charleston WordPress User Group (CWUG) is a recently formed movement (in Charleston, South Carolina). We meet once a month on the second Tuesday of each month to talk about WordPress, best practices for design, and running an online presence.
The goal is to create a strong community of WordPress users and encourage discussion, debate and innovation. We also hope to be able to bring other events like WordCamp, and others to the area in the near future.
The group is a resource for both beginners and gurus, allowing all to get together to learn and bounce ideas off each other (while having a good time). Meetups are open to anyone interested in learning more about design, starting a blog, building your own site and learning about plugin tools to enhance your site. And yes, we speak about WordPress too.
Our user group meetings include:
- Presentations: Volunteers and/or invited guests give a short talk about a topic that would either be design or WordPress-related, in which they have experience with.
- Case studies: Anyone can volunteer to talk about a WordPress website they have created, and share any lessons learned.
- Q&A sessions: With all the above.
- Roundtable / Group chat: A friendly exchange of knowledge (or heated debate) on any useful WordPress topic. SEO tips, plugins, general blogging and site management tips, etc.
- Meet, greet and eat: A chance to introduce yourself to other local WordPress users, get or give help and advice, and generally network over the very best type of food and drink: Free food and drink.
Above all, this is a geographic WordPress User Group meant primarily for planning events in the Lowcountry, supporting the local design community and the those in nearby regions.
***Interested in being a speaker? ***
***Please contact us at email@example.com with your proposed topic.***